State Police dedicate additional staff to process applications for license to carry a handgun

Indianapolis, IN - The Indiana State Police Department is responsible for issuing licenses to carry a handgun to citizens of Indiana that request a license. The Department is required to issue or deny the request - stating the denial cause - within 60 days from the time an application is submitted. Efforts to meet the time frame requirement have not been met due to a significant rise in the number of requests for handgun licenses. This is attributable to the number of shootings across the country, coupled with national news stories debating more restrictive gun laws.
Historically, applications received for a license to carry a handgun averaged around 5,200 per month, but increased dramatically toward the end of 2012. January of 2013 resulted in more than 23,000 application requests being submitted to the state police. The level of demand has marginally decreased in the months that followed, falling to just over 6,500 new license requests in June. However, the overall monthly increase has led to a substantial backlog in applications, pushing processing time to more than 110 days.

Posted on 2013 Jul 08
Small business counseling available

The Chamber will host Scot Goskowicz, a business counselor from the Fort Wayne Small Business Development Center, on July 17.  Free personal appointments with Scot must be scheduled through the Chamber office.  Whether you are starting a new business or needing assistance with your current company, SBDC has the resources to help.  SBDC offers assistance with marketing demographics, funding options, business and succession planning, growing ideas, setting goals, identifying resources, pursuing opportunities, and overcoming challenges in your business.

Posted on 2013 Jul 08
Manchester Jr.—Sr. High School honored for Advanced Placement success

The Indiana Department of Education and the College Board, at an awards ceremony and reception at the Statehouse in Indianapolis, recently honored Manchester Junior-Senior High School.

Posted on 2013 Jul 08
Katelin Vogel wins 2013 Wabash County Festivals Scholarship Pageant

Katelin Vogel, a 2013 graduate of Wabash High School was crowned the 2013 Wabash County Festivals Scholarship Pageant Queen Saturday night.

Katelin will represent Wabash County at the State Festival Convention in Indianapolis on November 15 and 16. Katelin and her court will be attending the

FunFest in North Manchester; Dave Kunkle Car Show, Wabash; Herb Fest, Wabash; Roann Covered Bridge Festival, Roann; Chili Cook-off, Wabash and the Lagro Good Old Days in Lagro.

Posted on 2013 Jul 02
Chamber announces member ambassadors

The Chamber Membership Committee, under the direction of Rachel Cruz (Wabash County REMC), was pleased to announce its new Chamber Ambassadors Program at the June 12 Business Before Hours.  Five members were inducted as ambassadors, who will serve as the personal connectors between members and the Chamber Board of Directors.

Posted on 2013 Jul 02
Beauchamp & McSpadden name new company president

On Feb. 6, the Beauchamp & McSpadden Board of Directors named W. Parker Beauchamp as the company’s new president. Parker is a fourth- generation family member of the Wabash-head quartered insurance firm. The business was founded in 1872, and was purchased in 1927 by Parker’s great- grandfather, Ward Beauchamp. Ward’s son, Bob Beauchamp, Sr., joined his father at work in 1938, followed by Bob’s eldest son, Robert W. Beauchamp, in 1963. 

Posted on 2013 Jul 02
Several state parks, reservoirs offering holiday fireworks

The public is invited to fireworks shows at six Indiana state park and reservoir properties to celebrate Independence Day.

Indiana Dunes State Park will have fireworks on July 2 around 9 p.m. CDT.

Monroe Lake in Bloomington, Cecil M. Harden (Raccoon) Lake in Rockville, Patoka Lake in Birdseye, Pokagon State Park in Angola and Versailles State Park in Versailles will host fireworks on July 6 around 10 p.m. EDT.

Posted on 2013 Jul 02
Grief support group to hold meeting

Wabash-Miami Home Health Care and Hospice will provide a free grief support group from 3:30 to 5 p.m. on July 1 and July 15.  The meeting will be held in the conference room next to the cafeteria at Wabash County Hospital.

Posted on 2013 Jul 02

<< Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 Next >>